Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothers' Day and My Exciting News

So I just want to start out in saying how much I love my mother. She has taught me so much about life and how to be a great mom. I love her so much and appreciate everything she has done and will do for me. The day started out with taking Mari and Adam back to their mom so that she could spend the day with them. After that we went to Dennys for Breakfast and then had to run by walmar to pickup some stuff for potatoe salad because I had been craving it and since we were having Chad's mom and step-dad over for dinner I figured why not. Before getting to walmart I was talking to Chad about how I had still not started my monthly cycle (I was now officially one day late) and he suggested that we buy a pregnancy test. I didn't want to because I knew if it come back negative then I would be disappointed and after all ikt was Mothers Day. So while at Walmart, I gave in and bought a test, there is only a million to choose from ranging from 4 dollars to 40. After coming home I put the tests in the bathroom and was still nervous about taking them. Chad kept bugging me all day to just do it. We carried on our day and I got a nap! After Chads family had left I decided to just take the test, still extremly nervous! So I took test number one and to my suprise it was positive. I then took test number 2 and it was still positive. I was so excited but was still in shock and didnt believe it was true because I haven't been sick and don't feel any different. Chad told his mom and I called my mom and told her. I couldn't sleep all night because I had so many questions and things running through my head and was just over excited that Chad and I are going to have a baby. I want to tell the world. Chad is sure its a girl but we will see. I will be happy with either one and mostly just want a healthy, happy baby. I spent all day yesterday looking at baby things online and thinging about themes.
 So me still being unsure if it was for real or if I just had a faulty test, I told Chad that I wanted to go to the doctor and have him test me. So last night off to the doctors office we went, still nervous as heck that it would come back negative after I had been so excited..... Well it come back positive! Its official Chad and I are going to have a Baby Patten. I am due around Jan 16, 2011 (my sisters birthday). I couldn't be happier and already love this little baby, who is only about the size of a poppy seed right now! I currently feel great, I have been a little more tired and at times have an upset stomach but other wise fine. I go to my OB May 26th and couldn't be more excited about that appointment! Chad is going to make such a great dad and is also way excited!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Michellle,

    I found your blog on Breezi's. Congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your baby. What a great mom you will be. So you live in Eagle Mountain? My sister Julie also lives in Eagle Mountain. Looks like things are going well for you.

    Trisha (Clark) Reiersen

    ReplyDelete